Friday, August 28, 2015

What a Change...

Finally, we are starting to see a good amount of situations.  Since our double no on Monday, we have seen 4 situations.  One I mentioned in the previous post, but the other two were just not a good fit. 

The one we saw yesterday felt really good.  Are there issues, yes, but they are something that we can handle.  And she wants an older couple with no kids.  It is funny how going through this process you learn what you and your spouse will say yes to.  I was at work mopping the floor when I got the email for this situation.  I tried not to read it since I was supposed to be working, but then I couldn't wait anymore, I had to see it.  I quickly read the first page and didn't even need to see the rest, I knew I was in, and I knew Barry would go for it as well.  He was in a meeting so I had to wait to talk to him.  It was painful to wait when I just wanted to tell the agency yes, I wanted to present.  And then when he finally called back and I told him to read his email, he told me he would read it and call me back.  More waiting.  I should be a pro by now!

Finally he called back and gave me the answer I had expected all along.  Let's go for it.  I immediately emailed the agency and told them we were in.  Now if we can only get an email back about when they are presenting.  And so we wait some more.

It is pretty amazing the change I have seen in our mindset regarding this adoption.  We started out on this journey, we were open to only a small list of things: closed or semi open adoption, Caucasian or maybe Hispanic, no drugs, known consenting birth father, and under 25,000 budget.  Wow, have things changed.  Now we are open to having an open adoption (the others are okay too), almost all races, some drugs are okay (of course we don't love it but we can handle it), waiting 30 days for a birth father's rights to be terminated if he doesn't want to sign, and trusting in God for the money if the budget is higher. 

So this is where we are now....waiting on the right momma to choose us to raise her baby.  Of course we hope it is this one we are presenting to next week.  But if not, we will move on to the next one and fall 100% for the next child we hope to bring into our heart.  Please keep praying for us as we wait and attempt to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment