Tuesday, September 22, 2015

15 years ttc....7 months adopting...MATCHED!

Two days ago, we received a situation that came in through our Texas agency but came from Iowa of all places.  Baby girl was born in June. Situation didn't have a lot of information so we were concerned a little bit, but we wanted to present. Only problem was we had already presented to another situation for a baby due in December.  Our consultant ended up telling us that the other was not sure about their plans so we should go ahead a present. So we did.
Yesterday, we heard nothing after we presented.  Today, Barry even called me and asked if we had heard anything.  I could tell he was excited and freaked out about this one. Later on, I got an email from our agency and she said that they had narrowed it down to two families and we were one of them!  Then within ten minutes, I got another email answering questions I had. I was talking to my dad as I was reading the email. When I got to the end of the email, I saw this message, PLEASE CALL ME. SHE CHOSE YOU!
So that was at four and the rest of the day was running around like a crazy person. I don't know how to react. I am in shock.  We thought we were going to drive to Iowa, but we were both going to be too tired. So tomorrow morning (I guess today), we will be flying to Iowa to hopefully see and bring home our daughter. The birth parents have 96 hours to change their mind so that is always scary.  Then on to how do I care for a baby? May need to buy some books, lol.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful, happy-tear inducing joyous news!!! I cannot wait to meet this precious babe!!

    ReplyDelete